Tuesday 23 August 2011

If I could ask God one question...

Do you ever wish you'd kept a thought to yourself? A few weeks ago I had an idea for a preaching series, which was "If I could ask God one question...". Rather than come up with the questions myself I asked the congregation for suggestions instead, and for a few weeks nothing appeared. This week, however, a positive flood has come my way. Here's what I've got so far:

  • Why does God in the Old Testament seem to be demanding mass slaughter, whereas in the New Testament God's message is about love?
  • Are you the same God that is worshipped by other faiths?
  • Why do you allow people who you know will do terrible things to be born?
  • Why is it that the Jewish race has undergone such persecution over the years?
  • Should we give all teaching in the Bible equal weight?

That should keep me busy! Any thoughts, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment