Friday 21 May 2021

Things to do when you turn 60 - The Bucket List: 1 - Become a DJ

 For some reason, reaching a 'certain age' - particularly one wholly divisible by 10 - causes many to take stock of their lives. What have I done over the last n years? What have I not done that I've always wanted to do? This reflection often leads to the establishment of the 'bucket list', and I have to confess that, having recently reached the tender age of 60, I have begun to draw up such an item.

Part of the reason for doing so was predicated by a birthday present from my eldest son, who gifted me a USB microphone. This led to experiments with recording software, and the production of a 'trial' show of covers versions, which was subsequently posted on Mixcloud. Here it is...


This subsequently led to my being invited to put together a 2 hour show to be broadcast of Progzilla Radio, which happened on 16th May...

 ...and a further invitation to make another show for the following fortnight.

The bucket list has begun to be ticked off...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment